26 July 2009

My favorite spinach salad


I am trying to have a picture with each post to entice you to try the recipes but I don't have a picture of my favorite salad so I thought this image would show you how I feel about this salad!

My favorite spinach salad
-Heather Koelliker

1/2 bag of spinach
1/2 bag of romaine lettuce
(if you don't purchase bags of lettuce just use the same amounts of romaine and spinach)

1/2 cup swiss cheese
1/4 cup cottage cheese
Bacon (a couple handfuls of cooked, crispy bacon)
Red onion (I use 1/4 to 1/2 of an onion sliced up, depending on how much you like red onion)

Dressing:
1/3 cup oil (I like canola)
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
4 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt

Toss right before serving

***Note: This dressing makes a lot and I usually only use about 1/3 of it for the salad and save the rest.

No comments: