29 April 2009

Black Bean Salsa


Ok-- I bet you are thinking uck....black beans! Seriously this salsa is delicious and you won't even know you are downing those healthy little beans. Try it and you might be stocking you food storage with more black beans :)

Black Bean Salsa

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
2 large avacados, diced
2 to 3 tomatoes, diced
1 green or red bell pepper
1 bunch cilantro, cut up
1 bunch green onions, cut up
1 package Good Seasons Italian Salad dressing mix (make as directed on package)
fresh lime juice (optional)

Mix altogether and serve with chips

Tips: I like to mix everything up the night before except for the avacados. I like to do this so the flavors can mariate together. I add the avacados right before serving.

I made this for young womens and I didn't have avacados or cilantro and it still tasted yummy.

*** Meal Idea: If you want to make this into a meal I like to grill some chicken and put it on a bed of salad and use this salsa as the dressing.

Courtesy of Heather Koelliker's awesome Aunt Sandra

No comments: